Quote for this Season

Are you building your life around what's WRONG with you, or what's RIGHT with Him? - Brian Houston (Hillsong Church, Australia)

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Supernatural Blessings connection to Faithfulness

1 Kings 17; 1 Kings 18; 1 Kings 19; Colossians 2

Scripture:
1 Kings 17: 2 Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah: 3 "Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. 4 You will drink from the brook, and I have ordered the ravens to feed you there." 5 So he did what the LORD had told him. He went to the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan, and stayed there. 6 The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning and bread and meat in the evening, and he drank from the brook.

Observation:
God knew the needs of Elijah. He had just prophesied a strong word that there word be no rain or dew until he said there would be. His life was at stake and so the Lord directs him where to hide. More than that, God supernatural provides for Elijah. God knows our needs and He is ready to provide supernaturally to meet our needs. Elijah was faithful, and his faithfulness placed him in a position of blessing.

Application:
There are two things I learn from this passage. 1. God can meet needs supernatural. 2. The supernatural blessing of God is reserved for those who have positioned themselves through faithfulness. God has called me to great things. The vision He has revealed to me will require incredible supernatural provision. I stand today ready to do His will and ready to position myself in faithfulness. God is calling me to a higher level of faithfulness. Faithfulness is the measure of my devotion, commitment to obedience, and desire to seek Him. There are areas in my life where I know God is seeking greater faithfulness. Study time, exercise time, solitude time and obedience. I am excited today to think that faithfulness positions me for blessing and supernatural blessing. I desire to be closer to God, positioned for His favor and blessing. I want to see the supernatural blessing and provision over my life.

Prayer:
Father thank You that You want to bless me and make me a blessing. Forgive me for the areas in my life where I am lacking in faithfulness. I pray for You wisdom and favor to increase on my life. I know I need You supernatural blessing on my life. I stand today and ask You to forgive me of my sins and to renew my heart and mind. Holy Spirit thank You for this revelation today, help me to walk it out today. Father i pray for my wife, my marriage, our home, our finances and our health. Bless these. I pray for Urgency, its leaders and students, and I ask You to move mightily in their life. Draw them closer to You and help them to live the plans and purposes You have for them.
Amen.

1 comment:

CHAP MD said...

Mr Charlton, thankyou for posting this message. I was looking to Identify it to scripture/real time and you hit it on the head. Continue your works! I am so glad that the HOLY SPIRIT guided me to your post! Thank you!

CHAP MD