Quote for this Season

Are you building your life around what's WRONG with you, or what's RIGHT with Him? - Brian Houston (Hillsong Church, Australia)

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

God's Favor

Genesis 39; Genesis 40; Genesis 41; Luke 16

Scripture:
Genesis 39: 4So Joseph found favor in his sight and became his personal servant; and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he owned he put in his charge.

Observation:
God’s favor was on Joseph and He blessed him in all he did. God was preparing Joseph for a high level position. Joseph was faithful to what God put in front of him, he never complained, or waited, he did what was put in front of him.

Application:
Pastor Dick has been teaching on the FOG, the Favor of God. I am learning more and more that god wants me to rely on His favor. God’s favor elevates one and allows one to do the job with great success. The reality is that we cannot do the work of the Lord without the favor of God. I must guard this in my life as I have a tendency to work harder and harder and this makes me less dependant on God and His anointing. I have seen how some people just have the ability to do incredible things for God yet totally enjoy the journey. They never seem to stress of burn out, in fact they do not seem to work to hard at all. I believe a lot of this is to do with leadership skill sets, but more than that I believe a lot of it has to do with the favor of God. I need the favor of God. I have seen it on my life but more than ever I need the favor of God for the incredible task in front of me. I am blessed as I think that I do not have to earn His favor, He has already given it to me because I am His son. My part is simple, call on the favor. Call on it by faith and move forward. Today I do that, I call on the favor and blessing of God. I call by faith the ability to do great things because my God is a great God. I am blessed and favored by God because He has chosen me and appointed me.

Prayer:
Lord, thank You for Your favor. I pray that You would elevate our ministry to a new level. Prepare us for the great things that You have called us to do. I pray for a breakthrough at urgency and ask this day that we would see many come to know You. Lord I pray for the youth of San Jose and ask You to bring a revival. Bless every youth pastor and leader. Anoint them, refresh them and speak vision to them. Bless my wife this day, thank You for healing her voice. I pray for Your favor on her life too.
Lead me today, I ask for wisdom and discernment. In Jesus Name
Amen

4 comments:

tarethresher said...

Thank you for favoring me Daddy God. Please Rock the Power in your vessel to thresh out and tread on serpants and scorpions on the behalf of your loved ones still bereft by sin and shame. thank you fo rdelivering my Husband from the snare of the devil, returning His love to the wife of His youth and letting the fire of romance be kindled again hotter than before
thank you for the Power of Love in my life Lord Jesus thank you for me finding favor in my lovers eyes
Thank you for my husband Chris and our children. thank you for your strengthening us separately and together. Thank you for the lives we will touch with the Gospel of Jesus The Christ and the Kingdom of God The Heavenly Kingdom's rule and reign. I am looking forward to the restoration you have for us
oh thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank you Thank you
Thank you Thank you Thank aYou
Halelujah Holy Father
thank YO u Lord Christ
Thank you Thank you Thank You
for all you have done.
Amen

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful post. Thank you for providing this info.


Feel free to surf to my web-site: automatisme porte de garage basculante

Anonymous said...

Hi, i feel that i saw you visited my weblog thus i came to return the favor?
.I am trying to find things to improve my web site!
I guess its adequate to make use of a few of your ideas!
!

my web page - poncage parquet lyon

Anonymous said...

It's really very complex in this active life to listen news on TV, therefore I just use internet for that purpose, and obtain the most recent information.

Check out my blog: free bet codes